Avid Media Composer 7 Extends Real-time Production Everywhere
Industry’s preeminent nonlinear editing solution now available for AUD$1,099.
New Media Composer 7 release simplifies and accelerates file-based workflows, and offers Mac support for Interplay Sphere
Avid® today unveiled Media Composer® 7, featuring accelerated and simplified file-based workflows including optimized HD delivery from high-res source material and automated media operations. In addition, as a key component of the Avid Everywhere vision, the new release offers Interplay® Sphere for Mac support, extending real-time production everywhere. Used to edit more top-tier content than any other nonlinear editing (NLE) solution, Media Composer software is now available starting at AUD$1,099—bringing unprecedented value to post production editors.
Accelerating HD delivery from high-res source
As more content is created with high-res cameras and delivered as HD, editors typically must perform time consuming transcode and resize operations before true editing can begin. Media Composer 7 eliminates this step by enabling editors to work directly in HD from the high-res source, while maintaining full creative control of image framing.
Media Composer 7 offers a wide array of key new features, including:
- AMA media management — Media linked via Avid Media Access (AMA) now benefits from the complete suite of industry-leading media management tools formerly reserved for native Avid media.
- Dynamic media folders —Accelerates and simplifies AMA media management tasks automatically in the background.
- FrameFlex™ tool and LUT support — Enables editors to ingest 2K, 4K, and 5K media with real-time color space conversion and deliver content directly to HD.
- Master Audio Fader —Enables editors tocontrol overall program volume and insert plug-ins for compression, equalization, and compliance metering.
- Clip Gain —Editors can adjust gain on a specific clip, independent of track-based automation, without engaging separate audio tools.
- Symphony Color Correction option —Lets editors add advanced color correction tools previously found only in Avid Symphony.
- Interplay Sphere for Mac — Enables creative teams to edit, share, tag, track, and sync media as it flows through the production process anywhere in the world (Media Composer Interplay Edition required).
Media Composer software configuration options
At product availability, Avid will offer a choice of two Media Composer software configurations:
- Media Composer provides the full Media Composer editing feature set as well as support for ISIS® workgroups.
- Media Composer Interplay Edition includes all the features in Media Composer, plus the ability to connect to Avid Interplay.
Availability & Pricing
Media Composer 7 will be available in June 2013. Our Customers can purchase Media Composer 6.5 now and receive a free upgrade to version 7 when available. Pricing below is in Australian dollars and includes GST:
- Media Composer 7 (standard) — $1,099.00
- Media Composer 7 Interplay Edition — $1599.00 USD