Avid Pro Tools 11 Sets New Standard for Audio Production
Core engine, 64-bit architecture, and expanded meteringempower audio professionals to handle the most demanding sessions, compose with more virtual instruments and effects, and collaborate directly with Media Composer editors
Avid® today announced Avid Pro Tools® 11, a major upgrade of its industry-leading digital audio workstation that redefines music and audio production for today’s workflows. This latest version enables audio professionals to take on the most demanding productions with new, high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows.
“Pro Tools 11 represents a quantum leap in creative power,” said Chris Gahagan, Senior Vice President of Products and Services at Avid. “The newly designed architecture turbo-charges production with more plug-in processing, the ability to run more virtual instruments—and a host of new features—letting users create ambitiously, without holding anything back.”
Pro Tools 11 delivers the features, performance, and workflows professionals need to take on today’s increasingly complex sessions and tighter timelines. Key benefits and features include:
Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture
- New Avid Audio Engine — Delivers multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 on the same hardware configurations.
- 64-bit architecture — Exponentially increases the number of simultaneous virtual instruments and the performance to handle the most sophisticated sessions.
- Offline bounce — Delivers mixes up to 150 times faster than real time.
- Low-latency input buffer — Ensures ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance.
- Dynamic host processing — Maximizes plug-in count by reallocating processing resources as needed.
- Extended standards support — Features a broad range of built-in metering standards, from peak and average to VU and PPM, to maintain adherence to regional broadcast requirements.
- Gain reduction — Shows gain reduction for all dynamics plug-ins on each channel.
Direct HD video workflows
- Built-in Avid Video Engine — Enables audio post professionals to play and edit a wide range of HD video formats including Avid DNxHD®, directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding, using the same core engine as in Media Composer®.
- Video interface support — Enables monitoring of DNxHD and QuickTime media through Avid Nitris® DX, Avid Mojo® DX, and other video interfaces.
Availability & Pricing
Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 will be available later in Q2 2013.
Pricing below is in Australian dollars and includes GST:
- Pro Tools 11 software (full version)—$769.00
- Pro Tools 11 upgrade—$329.00
- Pro Tools 11 crossgrade—$549.00
- Pro Tools HD 10 to 11 upgrade—$659.00