NightHawk from AudioQuest reaches Australian shores
Australian design and high fidelity aficionados will welcome the release of the innovative NightHawk around-the-ear semi-open headphones from audio pioneer, AudioQuest.
Designed in collaboration with designer and engineer Skylar Gray, NightHawk offers a superior performance in a unique package. NightHawk combines a suite of advanced audio and manufacturing technologies, sustainable materials in a stylish and ergonomic design.
NightHawk is first completely original production headphone to use a 3D-printed component. The ear cups are the result of state-of-the-art manufacturing made from a unique material known as ‘liquid wood’ - wood that has been combined with reclaimed plant fibres, heated, liquefied and processed in a way that it can be injection moulded. Unlike plastic, liquid wood delivers outstanding acoustic properties and has less of a negative impact on the environment.
NightHawk draws inspiration from loudspeaker designs for the best listening experience possible in a set of headphones. It has a biomimetic grille inspired by the structure of butterfly wings that uses a complex diamond-cubic latticework. This feature is designed to eliminate unwanted sound distortions and echoes for a smoother audio playback.
- 50mm pistonic drivers with a biocellulose diaphragm deliver smooth audio quality
- Patented split-gap motor significantly reduces intermodulation distortion (IMD)
- Patent-pending suspension system enables ear cups to move freely for a more comfortable fit
- Flexible headband distributes weight of the headphones evenly and reduces the clamping force to offer a long and comfortable listening session for any user
NightHawk was also recognised at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas as:
- A Best of Innovation Winner (eco-design and sustainable technology)
- Innovation Awards Honoree (headphones) recipient
Offering an exceptional audio experience, NightHawk benefits from AudioQuest’s longstanding reputation in high-performance cables. With over 30 years in this industry, AudioQuest’s repertoire includes a headphone cable purposefully designed to minimise distortion, enhance user satisfaction and provide a deep emotional connection to the music.
The AudioQuest NightHawk around-the-ear semi-open headphones will be available from specialist audio retailers from August - RRP $895.