San Diego, CA (Feb 13, 2014)
- VUE Audiotechnik today unveiled the latest addition to its flagship h-Class family. The compact h-8 benefits from the same advanced technologies developed for the larger h-12 and h-15 systems, and combines them into a compact and versatile design that's ideal for applications where space is at a premium and exceptional performance is critical.
"The h-8 is born out of our "No Compromises"design philosophy,"explained VUE CEO Ken Berger. "We literally re-examined everything from transducers, electronics and DSP, all the way to mechanical deployment and remote management capabilities. It's a comprehensive approach that can only be done when you start with a clean slate, and leverage the most advanced technologies available. The net result is an exceptionally capable combination of size and versatilty"
Inside, the h-8 combines a precision-engineered 8-inch transducer with a neodymium compression driver that's capable of unparalleled high frequency performance thanks to the Truextent® beryllium diaphragm at its core. From there, powerful onboard electronics include highly sophisticated, next generation DSP that's programmed to address every individual element within the h-8's ecosystem. Dual channel, high efficiency amplifiers deliver ample power for both transducers while eliminating the need for noisy cooling fans.
Powerful SystemVUE networking technology is standard in the h-8. With SystemVUE, the user can easily connect one or multiple h-8's with any VUE DSP-enabled system via a wired or wireless Ethernet connection to a Windows or Macintosh computer. Once connected, SystemVUE Software provides access to a broad selection of network and device-level control and monitoring functions.
The h-8's drivers and electronics are housed in a robust birch enclosure that includes M10 rigging points and an integrated pole-mount for both portable and fixed installation applications. The distinctive h-Class grill and handle surrounds receive a durable two-part finish that lays a coat of transparent candy-apple red over a black base for a deep hue that's uniquely VUE. The signature h-Class look is completed with a heavy aluminum rear panel that features a machined "VUE"logo integrated into the heat sinks.
"The h-8 delivers a much better balance of output, clarity and frequency response than any other loudspeaker in its category,"concluded VUE Audiotechnik's EVP Jim Sides. "We're extremely excited to offer customers a true high-performance alternative for applications such as theaters, houses of worship, or anyplace where space and sight lines are critical."
To learn more about the h-8 as well as other h-Class and VUE Audiotechnik products, visit www.vueaudio.com or contact us on 1 800 251 367 to arrange a demo.
- Neodymium HF compression driver with Truextent® beryllium diaphragm for exceptional high frequency clarity and response beyond 25k Hz
- Dual channel, high efficiency amplifiers for exceptional transient response, low ambient noise and efficient operation without cooling fans
- Wide 100ºx 40ºcoverage
- Integrated DSP with SystemVUE network control and monitoring
- Pole mount, integrated hanging points and optional rigging hardware for deployment as a main system, within multi-cabinet arrays, or in a variety of support configurations