Because of their small size, these tiny condensers exhibit an exceedingly accurate omnidirectional pattern and therefore do not need to be aimed directly at the sound source to achieve quality pickup.
The 4062 is available in two colours: black and beige.
Two different protection grids are supplied and by changing these grids you can acoustically modify the microphone's response according to their placement on the body - the chest, the head etc. Additionally, a wide range of accessories is available including windscreens in different colors, clips & holders, extension cables and power supplies.
A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use DPA miniature microphones with all professional UHF, VHF or digital wireless system available plus 48 V Phantom. DPA has specific adapters for AKG, Audio Ltd., Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Lectrosonics, Micron, Mipro, Pastega, Telex ProStar, Ramsa, Samson, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Toa, Vega and other systems. Each adapter for your cordless microphone is guaranteed to perfectly mate to your system of choice.
Offering great detail and resolution, the 4062 has a neutral sonic character and is very natural sounding. The 4062 has a very low noise floor, impressive sensitivity and can handle high SPLs. The noise floor of the DPA 4062 is 33 dB (A) re. 20 µPa and if powered correctly the microphone will be able to handle sound pressure levels up to 154 dB SPL before clipping occurs.For full technical specs, see the Specifications below.
The DPA 4060, 4061 and4063 are acoustically identical to the 4062 but have different SPL handling or sensitivity.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 1 mV/Pa; -60 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 33 dB (A) re. 20 µPa (max. 37 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 45 dB (max. 49 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 61 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 90 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 154 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black or beige
- Microphone weight: 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: Max. 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45°C (14 to 113°F)