Dynaudio Acoustics' BM5A has become something of a legend in monitoring circles, thanks largely to their accuracy, clarity, and that they can deliver a punch well above their weight.
Now the Dynaudio team has taken the original design and made it even better. The result: BM5A MKII precision nearfield monitors with ultra-accurate handcrafted driver technology.
• Handcrafted aluminium drivers
• High-resolution soft dome tweeter
• Smooth and accurate HF waveguide
• Extended excursion 7-inch woofer
• 2 channel 90-Watt transient power (2x 50W RMS)
• 117dB SPL peak power output
• Frequency response of 48Hz to 21kHz
• HF, MF, LF analogue room filters
The BM5A MKII imparts all of the quality and power that you’ve come to expect from Dynaudio Acoustics but they've been re-engineered to take nearfield monitoring to new levels of performance. New features include handmade drivers that offer the best in quality & accuracy. The woofer offers longer excursions so stays linear for longer, resulting in a cleaner, tighter bass response.
This louder and more accurate bass is matched at the top end with a high-resolution soft dome tweeter that delivers an unparalleled response. The added waveguide ensures less acoustical reflections and a more accurate sweet spot for the listener, resulting in a much better monitoring experience.
The drivers are perfectly matched to the BM 5A MKII’s custom designed dual amps to deliver maximum 117dB SPL while maintaining extraordinary sensitivity, resulting in a louder, cleaner and more accurate sound.
The three integrated analogue room filters allow adjustment and compensation of the acoustical monitor placement at both Low, Mid & High frequencies e.g. adjusting for the bass boost at corner or wall placement as well as the potential high frequency console reflections.
- System: Two-way Active Nearfield Monitor
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 45 Hz - 21 kHz
- Max SPL 1m, pair (IEC Short Term): 117 dB peak
- Max SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Short Term): 118 dB peak
- Input level for 85 dB SPL @1m (+4/-10): 100mV @ 0dB setting
- Input level for max peak SPL (+4/-10): +9dBu Peak @ 0dB setting
- Power consumption: Idle: 10 W / Max: 90 W
- Amplifier power: 2x 90 W Transient power (50 W RMS)
- Resonance Frequency: 55 Hz
- Internal Cabinet Volume: 9 litres
- Bass Principle: Bass reflex
- Crossover Frequencies: 1500 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 6 dB/oct
- Tweeter: D-281 - 28mm soft dome, rear chamber, magnetic fluid, 4mm aluminium front
- Woofer: 7" moulded aluminium frame, 1-piece thermo formed MSP cone, 75 mm pure aluminium wire voice coil
- Weight: 8.7 kg / 19.2 lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 186 x 320 x 320 mm / 7.3” x 12.5” x 12.5”
Uffe Hansen talks about the technology & features of the stunning new Dynaudio Acoustics BM5A MkII.
» Watch this video
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.