Onkyo A-5VL Stereo Amplifier
Sophisticated & Compact Stereo Amplifier.
» View entire Onkyo range
Beneath the A-5VL’s slim and elegant exterior lies a surprising amount of amplification muscle.
You might wonder how Onkyo managed to incorporate the functionality of a pre- and power amp into such a slender integrated package. The key is the A-5VL’s extremely energy-efficient design. Because it produces much less heat than a typical amplifier, the A-5VL requires only a small heat sink. This leaves ample space for a range of precision-crafted audiophile-grade parts, such as specially audio-tuned capacitors and thick, low-impedance copper bus plates.
Download Full Brochure
The A-5VL employs Onkyo’s exclusive Vector Linear (VL) Digital technology to ensure a smooth, pulse noise-free signal during conversion from digital to analog. You’ll enjoy precise and faithful reproduction of any audio source, whether it’s a CD, a tuner, or a turntable.
As the A-5VL is also compatible with Onkyo’s optional RI (remote interactive) Docks for the iPod, you also have the convenience of controlling playback of your iPod via the amplifier’s remote controller.
- 90 W/Ch at 4 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–60 kHz (+1 dB, -3 dB, CD)
- S/N Ratio (IHF-A): 100 dB (Line), 70 dB (Phono)
- WHD: 435 x 80 x 340 mm
- Weight: 10.2 kg
- Vector Linear (VL) Digital Technology
- Separate Transformers for L/R Channels
- New Custom-Designed, Audio-Tuned Reference Capacitors
- Burr-Brown (PCM1796 x 2) 192 kHz/24-Bit D/A Converters for L/R Channels
- Low-Impedance Copper Bus Plates for Perfect Ground Potential
- Optimum Gain Volume Control Circuitry
- Precision Motor-Driven Volume Control
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble On/Off)
- Balance Control (L/R)
- Discrete Phono Equalizer Circuitry
- Direct Mode
- 4 Audio Inputs and 1 Output
- 2 Digital Inputs (Optical and Coaxial)
- Compatible with ND-S1 Digital Media Transport for PC/iPod Audio Playback and Control
- Wide-Spaced, Machined Solid Brass Audio Terminals for High-Grade RCA Audio Cable
- Phono Input (MM/MC)
- Gold-Plated, Banana Plug-Compatible Transparent Speaker Posts
- Speaker A/B Drive
- Bi-Wiring Capability
- High-Rigidity, Anti-Resonant Flat Chassis (1.6 mm Thick)
- Heavy-Duty Inlet Power Cord
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Knob
- Headphone Jack
- Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for the iPod*
- RI-Compatible Remote Control
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.