The DPA 4016 is designed with a linear on-axis frequency response from 40Hz (±2dB) to 20 kHz (+3/-1dB) at 60 cm, with a soft high frequency lift from 10 to 15 kHz of max. 3dB.
The off-axis characteristics of the 4016 wide cardioid microphone are totally linear, a unique quality when it comes to authentic sound reproduction. Any leakage that occurs from off-axis sound sources is still a faithful reproduction of these sounds, just softly attenuated.
- Directional characteristics: Wide Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: 19 mm (0.75 in) pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: On-axis: 40 Hz to 20 kHz +3/-2 dB in 60 cm distance with a max. 3 dB soft boost at 10 – 15 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB: 12 mV/Pa; -38 dB re 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 19 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 20 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 25 dB (correct with the attenuator in 0 dB or -20 dB setting)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% up to 110 dB SPL peak, <1% up to 116 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: With HMA5000: 168 dB SPL peak; with PCC4000: 155 dB peak
- Output impedance: Matches HMA5000 input
- Cable drive capability: From microphone to HMA5000: Up to 20 m (66 ft). From HMA5000: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: 130 V via HMA5000
- Connector: 4-pin modified XLR-M (High Voltage)
- Weight: 165 g (5.8 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75)
- Length: 175 mm
- Operating temperature range: -10 to +55°C (14 to 131°F)
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.