Typical applications are ENG/EFP use on the reporter in studio or in the field, or film production use, with hidden microphone placements on the actors.
The 4071 lapel mic is available in three colours: black, beige and white. A wide range of accessories is available, such as windscreens in different colours, clips and holders, extension cables, and power supplies.
A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use DPA miniature microphones with all professional UHF, VHF or digital wireless system available plus 48 V Phantom. DPA has specific adapters for AKG, Audio Ltd., Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Lectrosonics, Micron, Mipro, Pastega, Telex ProStar, Ramsa, Samson, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Toa, Vega and other systems. Each adapter for your cordless microphone is guaranteed to perfectly mate to your system of choice.
The 4071 features a specially designed, fixed microphone grid with a soft presence boost of typically 5 dB at 4 to 6 kHz. Speech intelligibility, clarity and definition of voices and instruments lie within the area that the 4071 grid boosts. For full technical specs, please see the Specifications below.
The DPA FMK4071 film microphone kit is made for film or TV production where the microphone needs to be invisible. The DPA EMK4071 ENG/EFP microphone kit is configured to include the mic and accessories necessary for electronic news gathering and electronic field production.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 100 Hz – 15 kHz with typ. 5 dB soft boost at 4 – 6 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB: 6 mV/Pa ved 1 kHz; -44.4 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB (A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB (A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black, beige or white
- Microphone weight: 9 g (0.32 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 17 mm (0.67 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45°C (14 to 113°F)