DPA’s headband mics are all equipped with a double vent protection system, sweat stopper on the tube and water resistant materials inside the capsule, which allow the microphones to operate reliably even in high-humidity applications. All DPA headset microphones are available in a choice of colours and sizes, and supplied with multiple windscreens.
With DPA headset mics, singers and speakers are free to use their hands and move around without compromising voice quality. A wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use DPA head-worn microphones with all professional UHF, VHF or digital wireless systems available plus 48 V Phantom.
The 4066 headband construction is unique in design, offering both left and right mounting and colour change. It is also possible to use the MMB4066 Miniature Microphone Boom, Omnidirectional, separately, in applications where the headband is not needed.
Attention has been paid to the humidity problems that often occur in theatrical applications. A double vent protection system, a drop stopper on the microphone boom, together with water resistant materials inside the microphone, makes it more than difficult for the humidity to cause the headband Microphone to fail. The headband surface is matte gold plated and headband ear hooks are covered with a silicon hose.
The sensitivity is 6 mV/Pa to match the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters. If powered correctly the microphone will be able to handle sound pressure levels up to 144 dB SPL before clipping occurs.
Each 4066 is delivered with five foam windscreens.
Please note that the microphone comes with 1 High Boost and 1 Soft Boost Miniature Grid. It is available in three colours (black, beige, brown) and three sizes (small, normal, large). This mic is also available with connector.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB (A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB (A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black, brown or beige
- Microphone weight: 14 g (0.5 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Cable length: 1.2 m (3.9 t)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45°C (14 to 113°F)
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.