You can get TC TouchMonitor TM7 & TM9 in 6 basic configurations based on connectivity, features and physical size. Simply choose between 7” or 9” touch screen, stereo or multichannel and whether you want the Radar Meter to be included with the multichannel version or not. Further, you have a number of I/O options to choose from. As standard, TC TouchMonitor TM9 comes with 16 digital balanced I/O, and TC TouchMonitor TM7 features 8 analog plus 8 digital I/O. However, an additional number of I/O configurations on either balanced or unbalanced connectors (Sub-D or BNC) are available as well. A TM9 SDI 3G I/O card will be available in 2011.
Further, you can expand or upgrade TC TouchMonitor TM7 & TM9 by installing optional software instruments (meter types) such as Real Time Analyzer or upgrade from Stereo Mode to Multichannel Mode. A full overview of the basic configurations and the available hardware and software options will be available on these pages shortly.
Flexible screen layout
TC TouchMonitor TM7 & TM9 also features a number of highly innovative and very flexible features that will not only make your life easier, but also help you achieve ultimate end results. For example, you can configure the large color screen to meet any need imaginable. You could create a screen layout letting the Radar Meter fill out the left (or right) side of the screen, while the remaining space could be used for other instruments such as a Phase Meter or a Surround Sound Analyzer. In other words, you can tailor the screen layout in order to optimize it for any type of application.
TC TouchMonitor's flexible screen layout lets you configure your TouchMonitor to your specific needs.
Also, with TC TouchMonitor TM7 & TM9 you get factory presets compliant with new ITU-R BS.1770, ATSC A/85, EBU R128, NABJ, OP-59, BCAP and more guidelines. Further, it is easily field upgradeable and will keep synchronized with global practices as they refine.
TC TouchMonitor TM7 & TM9 Main Features:
- 7" or 9" color touch screen (16:9 TFT) - Loudness has never looked this good!
- Extremely consistent readouts - Consistent results at all times.
- Conforms to international broadcast standards - Including American, European and Japanese.
- Easy and fast touch screen control - Context-sensitive on-screen help.
- Extremely flexible screen layout options - Resize and reposition any instrument (meter type).
- Powerful DSP - Parallel display of multiple instruments.
- Flexible I/O options - Including analog, AES3, AES3id, etc. An SDI 3G I/O card will be available for TM9 in 2011.
- Connectivity - Ethernet/LAN, USB, VGA and GPIO ports.
- Modular software structure - Add optional instruments as the need arises.
TC Electronic and RTW
The TC TouchMonitor TM7 & TM9 platform is developed by German pro audio company, RTW, which has been an established developer and manufacturer of professional broadcasting equipment for more than 40 years. By combining high-quality RTW meter types such as the Surround Sound Analyzer with the groundbreaking Radar Meter from TC Electronic, the ultimate stand-alone loudness meter has been created. Quite simply, TC TouchMonitor TM7 & TM9 offer the best from two of the world’s leading pro audio and broadcasting companies in an amazingly innovative & intuitive loudness metering solution.