DPA 4080 Miniature Microphone
Miniature Cardioid Lavalier Microphone.
» View entire DPA Microphones range
Combining high quality & low visibility, the 4080 is ideal for broadcast, conference, and live performance.
Professionals will appreciate the light weight and the excellent speech reproduction. DPA 4080 is delivered with a pre-mounted pop filter in a holder with an integrated shock mount, fixed on a clip. Because of the flexible and practical mounting solution, the microphone can easily be turned in all directions and fits both left and right buttoned shirts.
Download Full Brochure
It is acoustically pre-equalized, offering a 4 dB presence boost, which makes the voice more distinguishable and improves speech intelligibility.
All parts of the microphone are manufactured in highly resistant materials and designed to perform under stress.
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 250 Hz – 17 kHz with typ. 4 dB soft boost at 4 – 6 kHz (-5 dB at 100 Hz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB (A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 ohm
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Microphone weight: 15 g (0.5 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 10 mm (0.4 in)
- Capsule diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 30 mm (1.2 in)
- Cable length: 1.2 m (4 ft)
- Cable colour: Black
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.