The low profile design features a 5.4 mm diameter pre-polarized condenser capsule in a 12 cm, tapered aluminium housing with XLR output.
The microphones are built on the DPA miniature capsule technology however DPA have modified the typical soft boost to a flat frequency response. Because of their flat frequency response the 4090 is also an excellent choice for calibrating sound systems. The 4090 has an outstandingly low noise floor of just 23 dB(A) re µPa, and an impressive sensitivity of 20 mV/Pa, while it can handle sound pressure levels of up to 134 dB SPL peak.
- Directional characteristics:Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation:Pressure
- Cartridge type:Pre-polarized condenser
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted:4090: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 ìPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL):4090: 71 dB(A),Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):
<1% up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Accessories included:UA0639 Microphone Clip,DUA0573 Windscreen for 4090/91
- Accessories available:UA0836 Stereo Boom with holders,UA0837 Stereo Boom excluding holders
- Dynamic range:4090: Typ. 100 dB
- Max SPL, peak before clipping:4090: 134 dB
- Output impedance:<40 Ohm
- Power supply:48 V Phantom power
- Frequency range, ±2 dB:20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ± 3 dB:4090: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Polarity:Inward movement of diaphragm produces positive going voltage on pin 2
- Cable drive capability:Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Connector:3-pin XLR (Standard P48)
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.