The off-axis characteristics of the DPA 4012 Cardioid Microphone are totally linear, a unique quality which has required intensive research to obtain.
So any leakage that occurs from off-axis sound sources is still a faithful reproduction of these sounds, though attenuated according to the true first order cardioid pick-up pattern.
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: 19 mm (0.75 in) pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: On-axis: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB: 12 mV/Pa; -38 dB re 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 19 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 20 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 25 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 75 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% up to 110 dB SPL peak, <1% up to 116 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 168 dB
- Output impedance: MatchesHMA5000 input
- Cable drive capability: From microphones to HMA5000: Up to 20 m (66 ft), from HMA5000: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: 130 V via HMA5000
- Connector: 4-pin modified XLR-M (High Voltage)
- Weight: 165 g (5.82 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75)
- Length: 175 mm (6.89 in)
Need help finding a dealer?
If you have difficulty in finding a dealer please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable dealer for your needs.
Need help finding support?
If you have difficulty in finding support, please contact us directly. We can help identify the most suitable agent for your needs.