Better together: audio streaming of the highest quality
With over three million paying subscribers and more than 10 million active users in 13 different countries, Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services in the world. With Spotify, passionate music enthusiasts can access over 16 million tracks, whenever and wherever they want, through the simple, easy, and lightning-fast service.
Direct Spotify access via receiver… without a PC
Owners of a Spotify-compatible Onkyo network receiver such as this one need nothing more than an internet connection and a Spotify Premium account. With a few simple clicks on their remote control they’re given quick access to their own and collaborative playlists as well as Spotify’s 'What's New?' and 'Starred' features.
Control your Receiver via your iPhone/iPod Touch or Android phone or device using the below ap links. Control your Spotify navigation as well throught the network options.
Android Remote App iPhone Remote 2 App
HDMI® Support for 3D Video and Audio Return Channel
The eight HDMI inputs on the TX-NR1009 let you connect multiple high-def sources, such as a Blu-ray player, a gaming console, and a cable/satellite tuner. These are complemented by two HDMI outputs that let you send a pristine signal simultaneously to a pair of compatible high-resolution displays. The HDMI implementation on this receiver supports both 3D video and an Audio Return Channel, along with numerous high-resolution formats. 3D video brings exciting possibilities to home entertainment, with movie, game, and broadcast content on the increase and 3D-compatible TVs now on the market. Meanwhile, the Audio Return Channel allows audio content received directly by your HDTV’s tuner to be sent “upstream” via HDMI to your A/V receiver, without the need for a separate S/PDIF audio cable.
Network Capability Delivers Internet Radio and Network Audio Streaming via Ethernet
Linking directly to the internet or to a media server or home PC via a local network, the TX-NR1009 takes streaming audio and internet radio to a whole new level. MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, and LPCM audio files** can now be played back through your main system with unprecedented power and fidelity. The TX-NR1009 also brings to life a huge array of internet radio channels from Last.fm* and vTuner, plus on-demand music streaming from Napster* and Spotify*. As well as being compatible with Aupeo earlier platforms, the receiver is compatible with Microsoft’s Windows® 7 platform, which includes the DLNA 1.5-specified “Play To” media-streaming feature. The TX-NR1009’s internet connectivity has the added benefit of making firmware updates simpler than ever.
* Availability of services depends on region, currently not available in Australia.
** Not all servers support all formats.
High-Quality Video Processing with HQV® Vida™ VHD1900
The sophisticated HQV Vida VHD1900 processor is designed to enhance the quality of both standard-definition and high-definition video sources. The chip employs multi-cadence tracking, expanded 12-bit colour processing, and four-field motion-adaptive de-interlacing to optimize video quality and detail. Two new HQV technologies are incorporated into the VHD1900. Auto HQV™ works to automatically enhance the incoming image. And HQV StreamClean™ cleans up compressed video in real time by eliminating mosquito and block noise from lower-quality.
Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
The TX-NR1009’s front-panel USB port lets you access MP3, WMA, FLAC, and AAC audio files stored on a USB flash drive or iPod/iPhone. As the audio signals are transported in digital form, rather than analogue, there is much less chance of signal degradation. End result: your music sounds cleaner and more faithful to the original. A further benefit of the USB input is that it lets you use the system’s remote controller to play back audio files on the connected device.
THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified
THX Select2 Plus certification is specified for rooms where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is 3 to 4 meters and the room volume is around 56 cubic meters. To achieve THX Select2 Plus certification, the TX-NR1009 had to meet the world’s most demanding standards for home cinema audio quality and performance, and play at reference volume levels with minimal distortion.
4K Video Upscaling and Processing via Qdeo™ Technology
The TX-NR1009 offers full 4K (3840 x 2160) upscaling of standard video sources such as 480i/p, 720p, and 1080i/p. Interlaced-to-progressive conversion and scaling are performed by high-quality Qdeo technology from Marvell. Qdeo is a versatile video processor that uses algorithms designed to erase video noise and artifacts such as jaggies and feathering. Played back on a compatible wide-screen display, your Blu-ray Discs and DVDs will look more detailed and cinematic than ever.
DTS Neo:X™Adds Extra Dimensions to Surround Sound
The TX-NR1009 is the first receiver in the world to feature DTS Neo:X, a new technology that offers a multitude of ways to set up the speakers in a 9.1-channel home cinema system. A basic 5.1-channel set-up can be complemented by one of three different arrangements: (1) You can add surround back and front-height speakers to bring out ambient, non-directional sounds; (2) You can add surround back and front-wide speakers to provide a more expansive soundstage; or (3) You can add front-height and front-width speakers to create an immersive space without needing to install rear speakers.
•THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified
• HDMI® Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™ x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™,DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
• High-Quality HQV® Vida™ VHD1900 Video Processor
• ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) Video Calibration for Optimal Video Performance
• HDMI Video Upscaling to 4K with Qdeo™ Technology by Marvell
• DTS Neo:X™, Audyssey DSX™, and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for Expanded Surround Channels
• Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
• Playback of Audio Files Through Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, LPCM)**
• Internet Radio and Music Streaming Service Connectivity (vTuner, Last.fm*, Napster*, Spotify*)
• Powered Zone 2/3 and Zone 2/3 Pre-Outs for Distributed Audio Playback in Multiple Rooms
* Availability of services depends on region, currently not available in Australia.
** Not all servers or players support all formats.
• 135 W/Ch at 8 ?, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven (FTC)
• WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
• Push - pull amplification with Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
• H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High-Power Transformer
• Linear Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
• PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology PROCESSING FEATURES
• Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
• TI Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs (PCM1690 and PCM1789) for All Channels
• Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
• 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
• Advanced Music Optimizer for Compressed Digital Music Files
• Handles Playback of Mass Storage Class USB Memory
• Theatre-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
• Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
• Double Bass Function
• Non-Scaling Configuration
• A-Form Listening Mode Memory
• 8 HDMI® Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear) and 2 Outputs
• Universal Port for Onkyo Peripheral Devices Such as UP-A1 Dock for iPod/iPhone or UP-DT1 DAB+ Radio Tuner
• 2 USB Ports (1 Front/1 Rear)
• Compatible with UWF-1 Wireless LAN Adapter (via Front-Panel USB Port)
• 2 Component Video Inputs and 1 Output
• 5 Composite Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
• 4 S-Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
• Analogue RGB Input (D-sub, 15 pin) for PC Video
• 6 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 3 Coaxial)
• 6 Analogue Audio Inputs and 1 Output
• Phono Input
• Colour-Coded, 7.1 Multichannel Inputs
• Colour-Coded, 9.2 Multichannel Pre Outs
• Bi-Amping Capability
• RS232 Port, IR Input/Output, and 12 V Trigger Out (Zone 2/3)
• Overlaid Graphical On-Screen Display (OSD) and GUI Navigation via HDMI
• Audyssey MultEQ® XT to Correct for Room Acoustics
• Audyssey Dynamic EQ® for Loudness Correction
• Audyssey Dynamic Volume® to Maintain Optimal Listening Level and Dynamic Range
• Dolby® Volume for Reference-Quality Listening at Any Volume
• Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
• A/V Sync Control (Up to 800 ms in 5 ms Steps)
• Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front and Zone 2 L/R Channels
• Illuminated Volume Knob (White)
• Light Dimming (Display: Normal/Dim/Dimmer; Volume Knob LED: On/Off)*
• RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
• 40 FM/AM Random Presets
• Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
• Certified with Windows® 7 and DLNA Version 1.5
• RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
• Bi-Directional, Pre-programmed, and Customizable RI Remote Control with On-Screen Setup, Mode-Key LEDs, Macro Presets for Four Activities and learning function
* Note: Volume knob LED is always off when display is dimmed.